Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing #3 Putting Skype/Ustreaming To Use

It's amazing how in the past 30 years, technology has went from rotary phones, to the big block care phones, to wireless cell phones and now video conferencing. I can see limited opportunities for this program in the classroom as well as training. In the classroom, video conferencing with classrooms all over the USA is a concept that was only dreamed of 30 years ago.Classrooms can debate current events and how they relate to their particular country/state/city. Classrooms can compare notes on science projects and how they are affected in different ways; the possibilities are unlimited. Librarians can help students with research with Skype. Librarians can train students with Skype or even teachers through video conferencing.

The most interesting tool was Mikogo. I have had HP work on my computer using a tool similar to this. They were able to see my desktop and maneuver my desktop remotely. It was mind boggling how it was done.

Skype will be the tool that is most useful to me. I've enjoyed using it with my best friend who lives in Indiana. These were some interesting tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment