Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thing #10 - My Second Life

The Second Life tool can be described as interesting and fun, yet confusing and hard to understand. I felt that I was prepared by going through the guides and tutorials, but when I actually started to play, I was confused and felt uneducated.

As I read through and watched the videos, I saw a wide array of lessons for the classroom. A teacher being able to go into Second Life and create a classroom and/or library and students meeting in the classroom to discover different worlds and solve real world applications. Even as a counselor, I can see me using this as a tool to explore colleges and universities.

I plan to continue exploring my Second Life. I do want to learn more about it. I love the concept, the exploring, the freedom to do and be whoever you want to be. As a teacher, I believe it takes learning to a level that is unlimited and endless.

1 comment:

  1. I was glad to see I wasn't alone in thinking both that I needed to learn more about Second Life and that it has great potential for use with students. I wish you luck in your journey and if you ever encounter Ginger Kestrel there, stop me and say hello.

    ReplyDelete