Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thing #11.5 Learning is a Constant Journey



My favorite discoveries and exercises were the Image Generators, especially Animoto and the Screencast. These were simple exercises to manuever and work. With both of these, I can see using them at home as well as at work.

The first Library to Play I did was amazing and eye opening. This one was just as amazing. I have learned that technology is growing faster than I'll ever be able to keep up with. I will need to continue to review these exercises as well as the previous one just to keep up. These exercises as so great I believe that all educators should be aware of all these great educational resources and tools to not only increase and expand their learning, but their teaching as well.

The most amazing thing to me was the article about the Itouches and the cost of using them versus books and papers at school. It's a concept I would DEFINITELY want to see put in place. With the budget of education shrinking and the expectations of more and BETTER learning increasing, its an idea that definitely needs to be strongly considered.

I think a good thing to CONSIDER is having a couple of face-to-face meeting so that players can collaborate on difficulties and/or advise for different exercises. I knew a colleague who was working on the Library to Play who helped me through some of the exercises that helped me.

I truly enjoyed my journey through my Library to Play. I'm looking forward to my next one!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love all of the things which you put on your blog. I read where you said it was easy to load an animoto on a Teacher Tube. How did you load the code? I wasn't sure how to do it. thanks, Margaret

    ReplyDelete